Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fun Family Photo Sessions

"She can't possibly be serious," you might be thinking to yourself.
"I have done family photos before and fun is not a word I would use to describe them!"

Well,
family photos + 3 kids + random uncovered holes + mud puddles + lunchtime
it can't possibly equal fun right?

You tell me...does it look like they are having fun?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I thought so!

Not only did we have fun
- because really, my goal is to make every session I do at least a little bit more fun than stress -
 but this family is so very dear to me!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Our kids are buddies, we are girl's night out and playgroup friends, and they are just all around wonderful!
It was so sweet to watch them play and interact and I was delighted by the sweet moments we captured!

Sure we had to chase this little man around
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

and try every trick in the book to get some good smiles from him...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

which we did...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

we also got some adoreable shots of her...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


and her...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

and even the 3 of them together!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And some without any of them...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Not to mention some candid fabulousness
(and of course these are the ones that make my heart sing the most)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And finally, this shot that just speaks to something inside of me.
Maybe because I shot it from across the field and it was completely unscripted,
maybe because the mother in this picture is inspiring to me,
or maybe because of that gorgeous light....

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Thanks wonderful B family!
xoxo!

23 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen! I love them! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Shan, you have such a cute family! And Jen, you have so much talent, I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic! such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are a cute family! And from what I can remember the type of people that really do have fun no matter what they are doing :) These are such great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The candid, unscripted ones are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures! Those kids sure are cute....makes it easier to take fabulous pictures! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. honestly, i've always checked jen's blog and loved her pics but it was when you the "b" family started posting their family pics that i thought to myself...Jen needs to take my family pics!!

    sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Barlow family soooo much! These pictures capture them so well!! Good job Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Great Pictures, I Love them all, Kevin ... The Photographer did a Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had thee opportunity to get to know Kevin's wife but I adore and love Kevin and his family. The pictures are beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome!! Of course, it helps to have great models. I love the creativity of these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Photos and memories are all you have in the end and I think these capture the moments and memories beautifuly !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pictures. I love the picnic one the best, what a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the pics. What a gorgeous location. I miss those kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kevin has thee cutest little family and you did a great job capturing them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Cute!! Love them guys... Good Job Jen. Can't wait for our session...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute:) You have a great looking family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome pictures Shantell...your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so so cute. I love every single one of them! Shan, your kids are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the pictures are so cute. you guys look like you had so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jen you are getting really good. And what a cute family! :)

    ReplyDelete